Sunday, July 19, 2015

updating on Cecilia's 1st month.

Cecilia Rose
1 Month
 





Her rocker has not been delivered yet so we are using the floor for now but hopefully next month and the months thereafter these will all be in her pretty chair!
 
Likes
Cuddling
Eating
Being burped
Paci-sometimes
Being in the Moby

Dislikes
Being swaddled
Being set down
Car seat/road trips anywhere

Our sweet, sweet Cecilia Rose is 1 month old. That is absolutely mind boggling to me as I feel like I JUST had her yesterday. I realize just how fleeting the time is and I'm really trying to soak in every smell, sound, and movement she makes. She is just perfect and I want to bottle her up and keep her this way forever.

As you can assume, being such a newborn still, she is happy as long as her basic needs are being met. She loves to nurse, get burped, wrapped back up in the Moby, and go right back to sleep for hours. Then repeat, repeat, repeat. Luckily for both of us, I have nothing else to do with my time and I'm pretty restiricted with what I'm able to do, so we spend a lot of time cuddling.

I hate that the first month of her life was such chaos but God blessed us with the best baby for this hand we were dealt and I couldn't be more thankful. She was quite the trooper through everything and even though she spent about half of the first month of her life in a hospital, she never showed any signs that she knew the difference of where she was or wasn't. Then, upon arriving back "home" she was uprooted again bc we began moving. Once again, she showed no signs. But now I am happy to report that she has planted her roots and hopefully this will be where she spends EVERY night, and we stay away from hospitals.

I used to say things like "I can't wait to see what the future holds for this little girl" but I CAN wait. Because right now, I'm enjoying this newborn stage and all that entails
 
Anyway...here are some pictures of our little miss in her first month of life outside the womb. Enjoy!
 
 



 






This is actually a picture of me but Ryan swears it looks just like Cici.


She got lots of cuddle time in Iowa City
 
hanging out on mommy's hospital bed

In Iowa City (the nurses there took such great care of me AND her which was great)























 
 

No comments: