Thursday, September 18, 2014

sharing a lactation cookie recipe.

If you plan to breastfeed or have before, I'm going to venture to say at some point milk supply became an issue or a worry. Yes, I KNOW we should trust our bodies, but sometimes they get a little out of sync with baby with all other things going on. One way I found to help boost milk supply was lactation cookies. This recipe is super simple and I would literally whip up a small batch before bed in no time. The following morning I could eat some (or even during my night pumps) and by that evening, I would already be producing more milk.
 
No Bake Lactation Cookies
 
1 cup steel cut oats
3/4 cup peanut butter (natural is best)
3 T honey
1 t vanilla
2T flaxseed meal
4 T brewers yeast
 
Mix all ingredients in small bowl.
Spread evenly on cookie sheet or other plate.
Refrigerate and enjoy!

No comments: