Monday, September 9, 2013

hospital ready.

At exactly every week, from this point on until baby arrives, I will have a Dr. appointment to check on progress and over all well-being. With that being said, this child will be here and in my arms sometime in the next 5 weeks. Isn't that insane?!

Knowing my life is about to change drastically at any given moment, and being a Type-A personality, we have our hospital bags packed so we are ready when she is. Our doctor gave us a list of things that Pella (where we are delivering) suggests you bring, and I also added several things on my own. I did look up a few things online to see what was necessary or unnecessary but this is what we came up with...
 
Purse with id, insurance cards, etc.
Carseat with blanket
Boppy pillow
Camera bag
Milania's baby book (for them to put foot and hand prints in for us)
Breast pump
Nursing pads
Toothbrushes
Shampoo/conditioner/body wash/lotion
Deodorant x2
Razors x2
Hair brush
Hair putty (Ryan)
Straightener
Blow dryer
Makeup bag
Hair clip
Hair ties
Chapstick
Ipad
Ipad charger
Phone charger

Me:
Nursing bra
bootie socks
night gown
velour sweats and tank
flip flops
pink stretchy dress
goucho pants and loose fitting t
6 panties
regular bra

Ryan:
LOL. I would list everything he has but I'd be here all day ;) Basically he just packed some sweats to lounge around in and also some normal outfits.

Baby:
Pink going home outfit
2 sleepers (they actually don't want us to bring any as they use their sleepers the first couple days)
1 pair of socks
1 pair of mittens
2 bows
1 swaddler
2 burp cloths

We have also created a thank you basket for the nurses who are about to take care of the little miss and myself and we will be taking that with us when we go as well.
 
 
 
 

Included:
Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers
Lifesaver mints
Blowpops
Twix, Snickers, M&M's
A thank you card


 
So...my question to you...is there ANYTHING we are forgetting?? Anything you wish you had brought but forgot or no one told you to take?? Or have I overdone it?? Help this mama out and let me know!

5 comments:

Kelsey Homolka said...

I love the thank you basket! So unique and cute! Plus the hand sanitizer is perfect for "clean" hands for those who want to hold the little miss!

Lindsay Johnson said...

When I was in labor with both of my boys my lips got really chapped so make sure you take some chap stick!! Good Luck!!

Kista G! said...

CHAPSTICK and snacks for youself.. I did not care for the hospital food and since I had gestational diabetes, I just really wanted sugar!!

Audrie Is... said...

Thanks Lindsey! Ive heard that from a couple people now, i wonder if the air is more dry or something?? Or maybe labor is just tough work ;) Got it down, thank you!

Audrie Is... said...

Ah i never thought about snacks for myself! Thats a good one. Thanks ma'am!