Monday, June 24, 2013

giving a life and pregnancy update {23 weeks}

I haven't been updating this as much as I would've hoped to for this pregnancy but that seems to be the theme of my life when summer comes around... who wants to sit behind a computer screen when the weather is so gorgeous out?!

Anyway...

Ryan and I have had a busy few weeks lately. Last weekend he golfed in the ProAm tournament at the country club which lasted both Saturday and Sunday, and included a supper Saturday evening for everyone. Then, Sunday evening he had a slowpitch game. So I spent the weekend being a spectator of sports between the country club and ball field. I would like to say I got some sun during all of that but I definitely did not, it was raining off and on and just muggy and icky in general.

This past week, Ryan happened to have Thursday off because he golfed for the company in the a tournament meaning he was able to be home early and spend the night with me! That's always exciting. We grilled out and just enjoyed the evening together, nothing exciting.

Then, this past weekend, I spent Friday night hanging out with Curt as he took the day off because it was his birthday. We didn't do much...got ice cream, cruised around, etc.

Then Saturday Cass was home so I spent the morning/early afternoon swimming with her, Kins, and the family. Afterwards, Ryan, Curt, and I headed to DM. Ryan and I finished our baby registry at Buy Buy Baby (you can see it online) and also did some random shopping/errands while we were there. After a long day we all try to decide where to eat and all agreed on Jethro's since none of us had been there before. We had a little bit of a wait but it was worth it--the food was good! We got home that night and the boys stayed awake watching Die Hard lol and I went straight to bed--I.was.exhausted.

Ryan and Curt both ordered one of these. Healthy, right?

Yesterday morning I had a bridal shower for a friend and then we spent the afternoon out on the boat. The weather wasn't ideal but the water was smooth and perfect for this preggo! Some people were in the water tubing, skiing, etc. but I stayed dried in my clothes!

Phewww...I just recapped our busy weekends as short as possible. See why we have no free time on the weekends anymore?! It is go-go-go around here!!


Lastly, to update everyone on the baby and this pregnancy...{I am currently 23 weeks and 1 day}

Morning Sickness
First of all, I have been feeling SO much better at this point. I rarely get sick anymore at all! So thank you, thank you to everyone who said prayers, sent me a message, or offered advice. I appreciate all of it. I am finally able to relax and enjoy this pregnancy a little bit which makes my life so much easier!

Weight Gain
I had gained almost 4lbs at my last appointment, and I think I've gained another since then. So I'm up about 5lbs right now. I know it doesn't seem like much but it is MUCH better than losing any and trust me, I feel like I've gained it!

Baby Bump
My belly is a full blown preggo belly at this point and there is no hiding it! I hadn't seen Cass in a few weeks and when she showed up Friday night at my house I think her jaw hit the ground just how much my belly had grown! Looking down I can actually see a perfectly rounded belly sticking out further than my chest now. She is growing like a weed in there :)




Movement
She is a kicking machine! I tell Ryan daily that I swear she is getting stronger and stronger by the day. Sometimes I just feel a little movement or turn and other times I swear she is just plain kicking me! I feel her every hour around the clock at this point, I'm not sure when she is sleeping exactly.

About a week and a half ago I actually woke up from all her kicks--I was half way sleeping on my belly and I think she may have been uncomfortable because she was going nuts. I realized what was going on and rolled over and we both must have fallen back asleep.

Just yesterday for the first time I finally noticed her reacting to outside noises. Ryan's dad let off an air horn to scare Curt and the second he did it she literally jumped and I felt 4 little hands/feet all at the same time. I think it startled her more than it did Curt! I just had to laugh because it was so funny but of course no one else knew what had happened until I told them.

Lastly, when she is kicking, my entire belly will shake or protrude for a second! This just started happening in the last 2 week I'd say but it's so funny to watch and feel and her daddy gets just as excited to feel her as I do. Sometimes when we're just laying there he'll put his hand on my belly and ask why she's not moving. :)

Ultrasound
Eeeeek! So excited for this. Ryan and I scheduled an elective 3D/4D ultrasound in DM for July 20th. It is just for fun but I want to see her little face again and in 3D. She will be more filled out at this point with a little meat on her bones hopefully so she'll look more like she will closer to birth. Also, because I'm crazy, I want to make sure SHE really is a she and is not growing a penis instead! We have invited his dad to go and also my parents--we may also have friends going and may not..just depends on what's going on in everyone's lives that day!

Last night we tried out the little miss' Baby Bjorn...Dez is such a good sport :)

So anyway, that is all I have to share about life around here lately. I hope that got everyone caught up on what's been going on and where we've been! Have a wonderful week!!



1 comment:

Jeannie Guzman said...

Cute post, altho that dress does a great job at hiding the bump, u can see something is there but not as big as u claim. ;-)Btw, I had to share a word-error in your part bc it was funny..."he was able to be home early and spend the night with me! That's always exciting. We grilled out and just enjoyed the evening together, nothing exciting."
--I thought u JUST said it was exciting... :D but NOW it's not. :( Lol, haha, just me being a dork! :-p