Wednesday, May 15, 2013

giving a pregnancy update.

I haven't been on here for awhile and I've had so many sweet comments and texts that I felt like I better update this little blog of mine a bit about this pregnancy.
 
So what's been going on?
 
Due Date
 
Well, to start with, we got our due date moved forward (or is it back?) 2 days..so I am now due on October 20th. I had a Dr. appt last Monday and with my tummy check and last period both lining up with October 20th, he decided that day should be my due date..not the 22nd like the ultrasound provided, and I'm ok with that! Actually, I am MORE than thrilled about it. To think I am already 17 1/2 weeks is absolutely crazy to me! I know some people love being pregnant (my grandma is one of them!) and say to enjoy this time and take it all in, but I am not one of them. I'm ready for this sweet baby to be here and to no longer feel like I do! These last 17 weeks have undoubtedly been the hardest 17 weeks of my life--not something I want to stretch out :)
 
Morning sickness
 
Going off of the above...if you missed my first post about my morning sickness you can click here. Otherwise, I'm happy to report that I am about where I was when I wrote the last one; I'm not worse, not better. I am MUCH better than I was the first trimester though--thank God. I am still taking my Zofran but not nearly as much as I was and I have even had several days where I've just gotten sick once or twice which is totally doable. We have Arne and Vanessa (from Germany) staying with us and we (they) went shopping all day yesterday in DM and that was definitely rough on me...I even got sick in the parking lot. So I know my body can't handle all day tiring events quite yet but I am making it! Also, I still haven't gained any weight BUT my Dr. was a-ok with it and assured me I was doing fine. Go me!
 
Cravings/Aversions
 
My food aversions haven't changed much--I still can't stand the thought of pasta but off the top of my head, most other things don't make me quite so sick to think about. And I'm not sure my morning sickness is normal because a lot of people say food made them sick and mine is really not food related at all. Which may or may not be a good thing.
 
I hadn't really had cravings until about 2-3 weeks ago and I guess I always underestimated the weirdness of them! I haven't wanted anything totally crazy, like cottage cheese with mustard or something weird like that but I have been craving things I don't normally eat; strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries! Also green apples (yummy!) and just this week LEMONS! I seriously have eaten 1 1/2 full lemons today..plain! I have to force myself to stop or else I'd cut up more and eat them instead of lunch or dinner. I've never hated these things but never really like them to the extent I do now either. Like, we never even bought these things prior to this. Now we have a shelf full of strawberries and a drawer full of lemons and apples. Weird.
 
On a less healthy note, I've also been liking ice cream once or twice a week as well. I'm not sure if I'm actually craving it or just enjoying it because Ryan likes to get it when we go for a car ride and the weather has been perfect for it, but either way, I've actually been ordering some now where as I never used to. Plain chocolate in a dish :)
 
water with lemon..yummy!
 
 
Girl or Boy?!
 
Eeeeeek!! The question that haunts me in my sleep and consumes my daily thoughts!! We will know in just 2 1/2 weeks whether we are having a boy or girl and I CANNOT WAIT! I am so so excited!! I don't care what this little peanut is, I just want to know so I can get my OCD personality under control and start preparing and buying stuff--and most importantly, come up with a name for this little thing! Aaaah the anticipation makes me squeal. Two...yes TWO people have said a boy and everyone else has said a girl. I'm curious as to who's right!! Ryan and I go back and forth on what we think daily. So, what is your guess?! There is a poll in the right hand corner of this page--take it and let me know your thoughts!! :)
 
My Bod
 
All of my clothes are still fitting but some are definitely tighter than others. My white jeans that have always been pretty snug are definitely a fight to get into at this point. I'm afraid I only have a couple of weeks left with them (I'm not comfortable enough with the whole hair tie around the button thing). Also, today while laying poolside in my swimsuit Ryan comes up and says "Your belly really is getting big, isn't it?!" lol so I guess my belly is getting bigger at this point--I have a feeling that won't slow down :) but I'm ok with it :)
 
 
I've been the queen of telling my friends that my body doesn't even feel like it belongs to me at this point. So many weird things go on that I really had no idea about prior to pregnancy.
  • I am going pee soooo often it's crazy!
  • My blood sugar gets low very easily..if I haven't snacked for a couple hours I get super shaky.
  • I wake up hungry in the middle of the night like I haven't eaten in days!
  • I am alwaaaays tired.
  • Ryan teases about how often I cry now and says I'm in my "second crymester" :) Sometimes I don't even know why I feel like crying and other times I just cry about a tv show or even thinking about how excited I am to meet this little thing. Or one time it was because we didn't have Poptarts. Oooooh goodness.
But none of these things are bad by any means...just different than what my body is normally! But of course, I'm not normally growing a child either.
 
Pregnancy Journal
 
When I first thought about getting preggo I promised I would write in a journal every couple nights throughout the entire thing and try to document it all. Well, that fell by the wayside a few weeks into it once I got so sick. Not only was I not writing in a journal, but I also wasn't keeping my blog up, so I had no real way of documenting anything. If my tears could tell a story, I'm sure they'd have a 30 chapter book written :) but they can't. So, I saw online this little book called "From Pea to Pumpkin" which is basically a little pre-written type journal and you just fill in your pictures and stories and answer the questions asked week-by-week. Seriously, it turned out to be a lifesaver and the cutest thing! It's a hardcover book which I think will keep great and be something cute to look back upon for baby or myself someday. So if you are considering having a baby I DEFINITELY recommend this!! In fact, I may just get it for my friends in the future who are having babies!

**If you want to check out the pregnancy journal, click here.


Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots...eeeeeevvverybody!
 

 
I think some of you probably know and some of you don't, but I have to give myself a shot each day with this pregnancy up until 6 weeks post partum. At first it was quite the pain and I had major anxiety about doing it each night, but now I'm basically a pro. I was leaving quite a few bruises at first and wasn't sure what the heck to do and what angle to do it, but now it's a wam-bam-thank you-mam kinda deal and I'm done..and bruise free. I can give them to myself anywhere that has fat (arms, thighs, stomach, etc) but I've only done my tummy so far and it seems to be working so I'll just keep doing that. And no, I haven't let Ryan give me any. 



So that's all I have for ya, folks. We have friends from Germany staying with us this week so we've been busy and then this weekend we have a few graduation parties and also Cass's Bridal Shower!! We are so blessed with so many good things happening!! Oh! I also got a brand spankin' new suv!!! :) Life is good!



Now go take my girl or boy poll in the right hand corner--let me know what you think we're having!











5 comments:

Jamie said...

So exciting!

Kelsey Homolka said...

I'm so happy to hear updates about how things are going. As much as I miss seeing a daily post I'm so grateful you're soaking in these moments and living! Keep on focusing on you and baby! I have a hunch it'll be a boy!

BriBrooke said...

So random tip- make sure your giving yourself the shot in diff places on your tummy or you could end up with a permanent dent in the spot. Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl.

Cayla said...

So many exciting things happening for you lady! Glad you're finally not sick and oh hey, I also eat lemon's whole... with no baby in me ;)

geralyn broder murray said...

So glad you are liking the PEA TO PUMPKIN pregnancy journal! Congrats. We'd love to feature you on our FB page...drop me an email if you are interested. We are also doing a big giveaway this week. https://www.facebook.com/PeaToPumpkin?ref=tn_tnmn: )
gmbroder@yahoo.com