Thursday, February 7, 2013

MARRIED!


What a strange thing to say...I've spent the last 25 years of my existence filling in bubbles that say "single" (though I wasn't necessarily single) and now I not only have to fill in the "married" bubble, but also change my last name?! Or better yet, REMEMBER my last name?! Whaaaat? Talk about a lifestyle change! ;)
Facebook official. That's when you know stuff is getting serious!

Since all of the above is now fact, I better tell you how our special day went! I've been leading up to it with this post, this post, and this post, but have yet to write about The Big Day itself! So here we go!!

I've always known I didn't want Ryan to see me the day of our wedding. Call me traditional, or just plain silly, but I didn't want him to. With that said, he is also gone 75% of the time so I am used to being home alone, yet I didn't want to stay alone on my wedding night. Bridezilla huh? But luckily for me, I had my BCF Kel who was more than willing to stay with me! So after getting our nails done and doing a run through of the reception, we headed back home. Ryan also came home with us to get a few things and then headed out the door.

Kel and I stayed awake and talked awhile in the living room and then decided we should hit the sack--we both had a BIG day tomorrow :)

I just have to add this little part: after going to bed, Kel and I continued to talk, only we were more like yelling through the walls to one another instead of just getting up and having a regular conversation. We kept doing this forever and before we knew it, I was sprawled out on my bedroom floor talking to her through the vent (she was staying in our guest bedroom if you can't tell). You guys, we were literally having a full blown conversation this way. We finallly both laughed about the ridiculousness of it and she instructed me to go to bed. It was so funny and still makes me giggle thinking about.

I was so anxious I couldn't fall asleep though!! I ended up on Facebook, then reading, then tweeting, etc. etc. etc. before I FINALLY fell asleep.


The following morning our alarms started going off and it was time to rise and shine! Kel got in the shower while I laid around trying to get some more beauty sleep before I had to get in the shower. The plan was for everyone to meet at the church, where we would get our hair and makeup done and get dressed. Well, I had assumed the church was open 24/7 (I always thought it was?) but last minute I heard it wasn't and even with a few phone calls, we weren't sure anyone was going to be there to let us in so early, so we had a last minute change of plans and ended up getting ready at my house.


In all honesty, it actually worked out SO much better than getting ready at the church anyway. Though the church has a room for this (kind of) that is connected to a bathroom, it's still not the same as home. Instead,  I got to spend the entire morning lounging around my house and being totally comfortable as Chels did everyone's hair in the kitchen and makeup was going on in that bathroom--I was on my time, in my house. I got to get in the shower much later than I would have originally, got my hair done in my own house, and got my makeup done in my own bathroom; it was perfect for this girl!

After everyone was primped and primed, we packed up the things we needed and headed for the church, curling irons and wedding dress in tow. We spent our time there before the wedding hanging out in the designated room, getting our makeup and hair touched up, and getting our dresses on while the boys showed up and got flowers on and pictures taken.







 


Before we knew it, it was time to walk down the aisle!


Our wedding coordinator sent the bridesmaids out first and kept Faye (the flower girl) and myself hidden in the room until it was time to come out. I swear to you, these last few moments seemed to drag on and on! I was SO nervous and with no one in there except sweet little Faye, I didn't know what to do with myself besides take a picture of myself in the mirror! Seriously.


 



 

 
Finally, it was my turn!


As I stood in the entry way, ready to walk down the aisle to my best friend and certainly my better half, I got so overwhelmed with emotions. I was happy/nervous/scared/excited all bundled into one. I wasn't crying and kept it together, yet I felt like I could explode with emotion of some sort at the drop of a pin. Whether it was going to be crying or laughing, God only knew! It's a weird, weird feeling! The moment you've spent your whole life dreaming about (and last year and a half planning) is happening RIGHT THEN and happening exactly how you pictured it. Absolutely crazy.


I got to the end of the aisle, took Ryan's arm, and we all got into our spots and did what we had practiced just a couple days before, though this time it was much more real!


Though it was a Catholic wedding, we opted out of full mass (my thoughts are always "if people wanted to attend mass, they would do it on their own time, they don't need to at my wedding") which meant our ceremony was much shorter than most Catholic weddings. It seemed to absolutely fly by and was exactly what we wanted! Short and sweet :) We had a couple readings we had picked out; one was 1 Corinthians 13, said our vows, got a marriage blessing, and before we knew it, we were Mr. and Mrs. and we were standing in the receiving line to thank people for coming. It all happened so fast, yet it was perfect!



This was a print preview of our wedding program, hence the copyright stamp :)






 
After everyone had gone through to give their congratulations and be thanked, we had to get it together and get everyone back in the church to get pictures together! We hadn't had any pictures of Ryan and I together at this point, so we still had a majority of them to do.









We all got in our positions and got our pictures taken before packing up our stuff and hopping into the limo!




To be continued...**the reception recap will be posted tomorrow!**



8 comments:

Cayla Hess said...

YOU ARE BREATHTAKING!!! I loved every second of this and totally felt like I was there! I hear ya on the "emotional energy" as well. I surprisingly held it together (I'm a crier, my bridesmaids even had bets of how long it'd take before I lost it! jerks.) but I know what you mean, I felt like I WAS going to lose it at any moment :) And selfishly, I have to say I LOVE that you waited for Ryan to see you until you walked down the aisle. I haven't met anyone that got married this year who hasn't done the "first look" pictures and waited til they got down that aisle. That was sooo important to me. We're soul sisters girl! And these pictures are AMAZING. Your photographer gets kudos! xoxoxo

Professionally Petite said...

You look so gorgeous! That's nice that you got to get ready in the comfort of your own home, I think I'd like that a lot too.

-Elissa

Kelsey Homolka said...

OOOOOH! It looks so gorgeous and I love the black and white theme!! Congrats again, you look like a million bucks and I can tell that you're one lucky lady :)

Audrie Is... said...

You are so so sweet Cayla!! Thank you so much for all the compliments--stroking my ego :) I def think we are soul sisters!! Who woulda known?! :)

Audrie Is... said...

Aw thank you!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone now that I did it that way; it certainly takes the stress off a little bit! Have a good weekend missy!

Audrie Is... said...

Thank you Kelsey!! I certainly am lucky--I don't know how it happened but I'll take it :) We did do a lot of black and white for ceremony basically bc the blues I found in dresses all looked a little too wild and I thought black kept it formal. The reception is a lot of blues and whites though!

Andi said...

Awww, these pictures are beautiful! It looks like an awesome day!

Andiepants said...

Awww Audrie, love LOVE the wedding pics!!! You look beautiful love!

Congratulations and welcome (although a bit delayed) to the married club!
xoxo

Andie