Sunday, December 16, 2012

making Oreo truffles.

Ryan has been asking me to make these all Christmas Season and I haven't given in...until last night. I kept seeing the pictures of them flying around Pinterest and figured while we were grocery shopping I might as well get the stuff...2 hours later, we were stuffing our faces with Oreo truffles. So here is how I make my Oreo truffles--a recipe from Ryan's sister.

Oreo Truffles
 

 
Ingredients:
1 package Oreo's
1 package cream cheese
1/2 bar Almond Bark

Directions:
1. Set out the cream cheese to room temperature.
2. Mash Oreo's into fine pieces/crumbs. I just use a spoon in a big bowl to do this but I know there are several gadgets out there that will do this too.
3. Combine Oreo's and cream cheese with mixer until completely blended.

4. Form the mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet

5. Refrigerate for an hour
6. After the cookie balls are firm, melt the almond bark to dipping consistency. (I usually do this in the microwave, though I know my grandma would die knowing I wasn't using a "double boiler")
7. Dip cookie balls in almond bark and place on wax paper to dry. If you want to sprinkle them, do it while they are still wet.
8. Let harden, and enjoy!



9 comments:

Jamie said...

Yum. I might actually try this. Looks delish but what in the heck is almond bark?!

Audrie Is... said...

Hi Jamie!! You definitely should, they're so easy to make and delish!! I don't know how to explain almond bark..it's the same stuff people use to coat pretzels and dip strawberries-- does that make sense? It's like a white-chocolate flavored coating :) Hope that helps!

Cayla Hess said...

Aren't they the EASIEST!! I tried them last year for the first time & hubby told me all he wanted for Christmas was his own batch of them. Weirdo ;) Too bad we're not closer, I'm baking non-stop tomorrow & could use a baking buddy! Hope you had a good weekend almost BRIDE!!!

Audrie Is... said...

They are! I made them a few years ago and ate so many I thought I could never eat them again. Then when Ryan started bugging me and I kept seeing them on blogs/Pinterest I thought I better get after it. Not my best decision pre-final fitting, but whatev :)

And I could definitely use a baking day--one of my bff's loves to bake too, like everything! She's been sending me pics all weekend of goodies. Maybe someday!

Have a good week!

Laurie said...

These look delicious! I am going to try these once I get done with my Christmas cookies :)

I wanted to invite you over to our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop. Come stop by and join in!

http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_15.html

Kristin Dawn said...

These look amazing. I need to try them! I'm a new follower from the GFC blog hop. Can't wait to check out your blog some more. :)

xo,
Kristin
aboutagirl.ca

malary said...

I have a post about these scheduled for tomorrow!!! Aren't they so yummy??? One of my favorites!! Love how you added the sprinkles!!

Ps I use the microwave to melt the chocolate too!! Way easier ;)

Ashlyn said...

I love these! They are so delicious. Now you have me wanting to make them haha. And just when I was trying to be good with what I'm eating!

Oh well, holidays are for indulgence right ;)

Eve Myers said...

I've made these before! They are amazing!!!!!! I love them!I came over from the GFC Blog Hop!

Eve
lovealwayseve.blogspot.com