We exchanged messages all week trying to decide what pins we actually wanted to make (besides washboard abs) and came up with a few things. We hit the craft store on Tuesday and by Wednesday we were prepared.
So what did I make?
Well, we made these wine bottles empty...
But in the midst of the giggles, wine drinking, and chatting (and being in complete wedding mode; come on, its only SEVEN weeks away!) I actually did make something. I saw this on Pinterest one day and immediately knew I wanted to make it and would totally use it. So, I made myself a cupcake stand.
4 mirrors which I bought at Hobby Lobby
candle stick holders from Dollar Tree.
1. I flipped the mirrors over and measured each, marking it with a pencil exactly in the center.
2. I then put E6000 glue (this is where I used the small paint brush) on the top of the candlestick and glued it to the marking on the bottom of the mirror.
3. Once glued down, I used my paint brush and went around the edges, really sealing the candlestick in place
4. I did this to all four mirrors and had to wait for them to dry.
5. Once dry, I combined two at a time, doing the same thing as above, only I didn't use the extra glue around the edges.
ps-to mark the top of the mirrors I used lipliner
6. Once those were dry, I combined the two pieces and voila!
I am even more in love with this stand than I thought I would be. I was even thinking that just one smaller unit (the smallest mirror and stand) would be a cute bedroom or bathroom decoration to hold something?! Any thoughts?
I will TRY to get my friend to write a guest blog post for me on her project, but in case she doesn't...here is what she made. They are these cute little rocks with pictures, letters, etc. that she put behind them and then turned them into magnets. This is the one she made for me! Isn't it cute?!
So what do you guys think?? Do you think it turned out ok? Better yet, is it wedding approved?!
If you want to check out some other bloggers' projects, click the link below and snoop around!