Tuesday, November 13, 2012

making a chicken alfredo bake {yummy!}

Yesterday I promised you all I would post this little gem of a recipe on here today. So here I am...sharing our dinner from Sunday and how I made it!

Chicken Alfredo Bake




Ingredients:
16oz noodles (ziti works best!)
2 jars of alfredo sauce (we use Ragu Roasted Garlic)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
15oz ricotta cheese
2 T garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves minced
2 eggs
8oz sour cream
3 chicken breasts

Directions:
1. Cook and drain pasta as instructed.
2. Boil chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked and then dice into cubes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan
4. Mix all ingredients except the mozzarella cheese together in a bowl and beat with fork until smooth
5. Spread mixture into greased baking pan and coat with mozzarella.
6. Place in oven and bake 30-45 minutes or until golden brown on top
7. Remove from oven and enjoy! :)
**baker beware: this recipes makes A LOT

And there you have it!! We paired ours with iceberg lettuce and dressing, but if you're into the the whole carb thing, I'm sure some garlic bread would be wonderful with it too! :)

If any of you try this out, let me know how it turned out!! Or, if you have a different recipe for something similar, please share that also--I love new trying new recipes!

12 comments:

Cayla Hess said...

YAY!! This is going on our menu for next week, I'll let you know how it turns out :) Alfredo is my carb GO-To.

Baylee said...

OMG yum

Audrie Is... said...

Yes! Please do!! We think its delish but it makes sooo much

Kelsey Homolka said...

This seriously looks so good! I've been looking for a new casserole type recipe and this is the ticket!

Kaycee Pidcock said...

I think I am going to make this for dinner tonight! Paired with a salad is a good idea too. I just happen to have lettuce and tomato that needs used! :-) thanks!

Audrie Is... said...

Let me know what you think and how it turned out if you get time!! Happy baking! :)

Audrie Is... said...

It is so delish!! Youll have to try it out!! Hopefully the bf is hungry--it makes a ton!

Kaycee Pidcock said...

I will! :)

Andiepants said...

Oh lordy...I see this being baked at home for my next pot luck!!!

Looks delish and if it feeds an army, well even better then!

xo
Andie's Traveling Pants

Audrie Is... said...

Kaycee--i know you replied to this bc i saw it in my inbox but its not showing up on my phone :( if its bland i would maybe suggest adding more seasoning of some kind though im not sure what--maybe an italian dressing ranch seasoning packet even?

Ryan coats everything he eats with salt and pepper and i dont use either--so my bland tastebuds are probably of no help :)

Audrie Is... said...

Hi Andie!! I def recommend it!! Its wonderful (and fattening) but also feeds sooo many! Have a great week doll!

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness this looks delish!