Tuesday, July 17, 2012

...baking in 100 degree weather.


Spinach Lasagna



FINALLY, I am posting my Spinach Lasagna recipe I promised you all last week--whoops!  This recipe is healthier than regular lasagna, so simple to make, doesn't require many ingredients, and takes the work out of having to cut lasagna and having cheese sliding off the top when serving; don't you hate when that happens?!

Ingredients:
1 package lasagna noodles
1 can spaghetti sauce
1 container ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella
1 bag chopped spinach
garlic powder (optional)


1. Boil the lasagna noodles according to package.
2. While these are cooking, spray a 9x9 or 9x13 baking dish with Pam and then lightly coat the bottom with spaghetti sauce.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine and mix ricotta cheese, 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic powder to taste (we use a lot), and entire bag of thawed spinach.
4. Take the cooked noodles out of the pan and dry them by either using a paper towel or lying them on a broiler pan and letting them air dry.
5. Once dried, lay the noodles out spread the cheese/spinach mixture on the noodles evenly
6.  Begin to roll each noodle individually, creating a layered look
7. Place them in pan side-by-side and coat with the rest of the marinara sauce and top with mozzarella.

8. Cover and bake at 425 for about 30 minutes, then remove foil and back another 10 minutes or until top looks golden brown. (We change the temp and time a lot on this depending on how hungry we are :))

9. Enjoy!!

**To view my other recipes, click here


Do you have any vegetarian favs you think I would like to try?? If so, email me or comment and let me know--I'd love to hear ideas!!

1 comment:

  1. I told my husband, this week, we would have either lasagna or stuffed shells. If I make the lasagna, this is the way to go. This is being featured on My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each and every one of you!! I started this blog as a way to document everything going on in our lives and I love sharing it with all of you along the way!