I am not sure what it is exactly, but something about it always sparks a little fire inside me. I love looking forward to "us time," I love getting dressed up for him, and I love feeling like were rejuvenating our relationship a little each time we have a date night--it's just a good feeling all around. And after 7 years of being together, I STILL get butterflies in my stomach and still stress about what to wear and how to do my hair..silly, right?!
With that being said, I put together a short little list of Date Night Rules I like to abide by and think others should too! :)
Date Night Rules
1. Though spending QT at home can be wonderful, it is not a true date night. Get out; do something! Go to the movies, dinner, a comedy club, etc.
2. Plan a few days or even a week or so ahead. It makes it so much more exciting when you have date night to look forward to all week!
3.Date night is for TWO people, you and your better half--not you 2, plus 3 other couples; that's called going out or double dating. It is not the same dynamic, so don't try to pass it off like it is.
4. Both of you must shower and "get ready" specifically for date night, even if you both showered earlier that day! Make a habit of this, get excited to get dolled up if you're a girl and out of those business clothes if you're a guy.
5. Absolutely NO mundane tasks included. Unless you have time to kill in between reservations, buying the new nail polish or looking at golf clubs can wait.
6. If you're sitting at a table, you should always sit in two adjoining sides. This makes it easier to talk AND sneak a bite of the others food :) (Please do not share one side of a booth though--that makes me uncomfortable to walk past.)
7.Share a dessert, even if you're full and aren't a fan of sweets. Something about sharing a dessert and trying to convince the other person to "eat the last bite" is totally romantic.
8. Have a beer or a glass of wine if you want it, but don't have more than one or two; you're there to enjoy one another, not the feeling of being tipsy! You can have too many next weekend in your man cave or at the next Lia Sophia party you attend.
9. You must ALWAYS text the other person earlier in the day and tell them just how excited you are for Date Night. I guarantee they not only feel the same, but will appreciate reading something like that in between checking emails and dealing with cranky people.
10. Stay off your phone if possible...meaning emails, texts, and phone calls! The texts can wait until you get in the car and the emails will still be there when you get home!