Thursday, January 26, 2012

...MAKING SPAGHETTI BAKED INSIDE GARLIC BREAD.



With winter and all of its glory upon us, I have become quite domestic in the last few weeks. I have been cooking, baking, and cleaning!! I'm sure Ryan is not complaining about any of it :)


Spaghetti baked inside garlic bread


Ingredients:
1 loaf of Rhodes frozen bread dough
1 package spaghetti noodles
1 pound hamburger
1 can of spaghetti sauce (Ragu Roasted Garlic is our fav)
Garlic powder
1 block of mozzarella cheese
1 egg
Parmesan cheese
Oregano

1. First I took the Rhodes loaf out of its original bag (it comes frozen), and placed it in a Ziploc baggie, sealed it, and set it in a bowl of hot water to thaw. Of course there are more conventional ways to thaw this, and this way is not even mentioned on the back of the package, but this seems to work for us.

2. As the dough was thawing, I started cooking the spaghetti as I normally would. Cooked the noodles, cooked the meat, drained, and added it all together in the sauce. (I also add garlic powder to this for a little extra flavor)

3. As the noodles were cooking, my dough became thawed and I rolled it out on the counter top. I sprayed the counter top with Pam and had no problems with it sticking. Slowly but surely, it turned into a 12x16in rectangle.

4. After it was in its rectangle form, I covered it with Saran Wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes while I finished the the spaghetti.

5. After uncovering the dough, I placed a very thick "line" of spaghetti through the entire center of the rectangle. I left a little room on each side to close it and also at the ends so it didn't all fall out. I then cut up an entire block of mozzarella cheese and placed it on top of the spaghetti.

6. Then I cut lines in the dough on either side, clear up to the spaghetti, leaving me 1 inch strips to braid on top. I criss crossed the lines and folded in the ends in, giving it a braided look. I then placed this very heavy concoction on a cookie sheet.

7. I dusted the bread with an egg white, coated it with Parmesan cheese, oregano, and lots of garlic powder, and stuck it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until brown.


When it came out...



**This meal DID take quite a bit of prep time to create with the dough being frozen. However, it was totally worth it in the end. It was not only delicious, but it made a ton, leaving plenty of leftovers!

7 comments:

  1. This recipe is how I found your blog! I making it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww friendship at first site! :) let me know what ya think!

      Delete
  2. If you are going for finest contents like I do, only pay a quick
    visit this web page daily because it gives quality contents, thanks

    Here is my web site - anybody tried quantrim

    ReplyDelete
  3. The furniture needs to be comfortable so you will
    cherish the time spent in your backyard. Garden Decor: Garden Accessories #5 - Memorial Stones.
    There are also many wonderful options to choose from when it concerns Christmas dcor
    items.

    Feel free to surf to my website: how can I make a feng shui zen rock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therefore, except from relatively simple understated designs, wooden beds are
    expensive. Use lighting fixtures to brighten up dark corners.

    Make your bedroom come to life with their soft radiance.


    My webpage; Modern Bedroom design

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the 3rd time that I have made this. The first time the spaghetti all fell through the bread dough and it was a mess--but a yummy mess. The 2nd time I decided to put the dough on parchment paper and then lift the paper onto the pan. This worked much better. Tonight is my third night and I was able to make it much quicker than the previous 2 times. Thanks for this recipe! I found it on pinterest and love it (and so do the picky little eaters that I know)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. made it again 2 more times--total pro at it now. I use the papa johns garlic butter to dust it instead of egg white and then I put the parm and seasoning on it. Love this recipe! I make it once a week now! hope your pregnancy is going well and sorry to mention pasta during your anti-pasta phase!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each and every one of you!! I started this blog as a way to document everything going on in our lives and I love sharing it with all of you along the way!