Thursday, July 29, 2010

...FINALLY GIVING UP MY MONSTER COOKIE RECIPE :)

As most of you know, I love to bake cookies!! I DO make them from scratch and "monster cookies" are Ryan's absolute fav. They take a lot of time and effort and I don't even like them, but since everybody loves them so much, I enjoy making them.



Well, after promising a friend I would make them with her and instead making them with someone else spur of the moment (sorry :(), I felt guilty and decided I would post the recipe online..finally :) I have not shared this with ANYONE so my readers are the luckiest people on the planet haha. Enjoy!

Just as a warning..this recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies..I have never tried to cut it down as I've heard you're not supposed to attempt that. So, if you make them, be ready to share with friends!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
dash of salt
2 tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
1 stick of butter
12-16 oz peanut butter (depends on how pbuttery you like them)
4 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup m&ms
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Parchment paper to line cookie sheet with

Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make sure it doesn't hang off the edges because it will catch on fire!
Combine eggs and sugars in a large bowl until pasty. Add salt, vanilla, and peanut butter. Mix well. Add in butter. Then, add in the m&m's, raisins, and chocolate chips. Mix well and add baking soda. Once all of these ingredients are mixed together well, you should have a very thick, caramel looking paste. Then, a cup or two at a time, add oatmeal. It will become VERY hard to stir and it might seem like you're adding too much but its ok!
Add batter in ice cream scoop sizes to lined cookie sheet. Leave plenty of room for them to expand. Cook 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. After one batch comes out, I slide the parchment paper off the sheet, and add a new one. Then, once the cookies cool from the first batch, you can reuse the parchment paper again for the next and continue that cycle with only two pieces.

There you have it folks, my famous cookie recipe :)

No comments: